Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Power

This morning I decided that I needed some toast slathered with jelly and peanut butter.  I put two pieces of toast into the toaster then noticed that it was unplugged so I plugged it in and walked off.  I waited and waited but never heard that toast pop up.  I walked over to the toaster and discovered that I had not pushed the lever down.  I quickly fixed that and soon I was enjoying the toast.

My thoughts as I ate that toast wondered to God and His power.  I thought of how many times that I thought I was plugged in but in reality I had just walked away unaware of the power shortage in my life.  My thoughts went to many times of opening the Bible only to have my mind wonder away to other things.  Often on Sunday mornings I may look like I am listening to the pastor when in reality I am thinking of other stuff.  My prayer life can become an I need this, can you do that please. How many times have I waited for the toast from God only to go hungry because I walked away without the Power.

Just as I was able to quickly fix the toast problem so I can fix the power shortage in my walk with God.  Once I plug in I need to push the lever to focused Bible readings, prayers and  listening to the words that God has led the preacher to say!  When I push the lever to God's power my life is full of toast with peanut butter and jelly!

 I need that Power!! Do you?  It's only a prayer away!


Psalm 68:34-35

New International Version (NIV)
34 Proclaim the power of God,
    whose majesty is over Israel,
    whose power is in the heavens.
35 You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; 
    the God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.
Praise be to God!

1 comment: