Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Stroke, Do you know the signs? I did but..


                                         
                                               

I am writing about stroke because I had one!  I ignored the signs for a few days and then went to the ER.  I was dehydrated so they told me to drink lots of water and come back that afternoon for an MRI.  The MRI did not show that anything had happened but something had happened.

A week ago Friday I had just finished my supper when the left side of my face went numb and I ignored it, thinking that maybe I was having a reaction to the food that I had just finished eating.  Guess what I ignored?  Four letters about a stroke!  F is for one side of face drooping or numb?  Was my smile uneven or lopsided?  I do not know I did not check!  A is for Arm weakness, my arm was not weak that evening that I am aware of but a few days after that I did notice that my left side of neck, shoulder and underarm was hurting and feeling weak!

So already I had a numb right side of face and left side arm weakness. The third sign is Speech difficulty, which I did not have trouble speaking but I did have times where it felt like I could not swallow!  The 4th letter is T, which means it is time to call 9-1-1.

I did everything wrong but do not follow my lead, if you have these signs have someone take you to the ER or call an ambulance to take you!!  Even if you are unsure like I was, go anyway even if you have to call an ambulance.  I wish I had went that evening, maybe I would not have gotten any other symptoms but the numb side of face.   It is better to get things checked out even if the symptoms are not a stroke or something bad but maybe just maybe it might be!

This stroke that I had really made me think about heaven.  I know for a fact that if I had died I would have flown to heaven.  Now do I want to die, NO, I do not, I have family, friends and others that I do not want to leave!  When I do fly to heaven do not be sad, please throw a party with lots and lots of chocolate!

My question is, if you have a stroke that leads to death where will you go?  Don't do things wrong!  I hope that you will be prepared to fly to heaven!

John 3:16-17 (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.




No comments:

Post a Comment