Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Get Rid of Your Junk Post

I was in church yesterday morning and I noticed something about my Bible.  I was turning to the scripture that our pastor was going to read from and I was having a hard time getting there because of all the junk crammed into my Bible.  I had old bulletins, some dating years back, old pictures of my children, drawings, several book marks, old notes, two pencils and a pen.  I have gotten so used to the junk in my Bible that I didn't even notice that it was there.  Until yesterday when it kept trying to spill out.

I know that the the pastor preached a wonderful sermon from James 4 but I don't remember what it was.  I was too busy looking at the junk in my Bible.  A thought came to me when I realized that I wasn't even listening.  My thought was that my Bible was like my life.  I have been working on removing the junk from my life but  many times I don't because I am so used to the junk. The junk seems normal.  Sometimes there is so much junk in my heart that I don't  hear God talking to me just like I wasn't listening to God's word yesterday because I was occupied with the junk in my Bible.

I need to clean out my Bible, just as I need to keep the junk out of my heart.  I want this new year to be the best junk free year ever! I need to be strong and leave the junk behind.  I need to leave it at the throne of my King!  What about you?  Is there junk in your life?


Happy New Year's to You!  Hoping that 2013 will be junk free!!


1 Corinthians 16:13-14

New International Version (NIV)
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.

6 comments:

  1. Joan Noll I am the same way...it's like too much of the world in our minds taking up space. And that gets complicating.
    On facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne Gambel-Herd That hit home. Face book post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teresa Lynn Holloway we all have too much junk in our lives/ facebook comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darla Malaska YES, BRENDA I HAVE JUNK IN MY LIKE AND MY BIBLE TOO. Facebook comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby Tolle So true! Facebook comment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeanette Carlberg I think we hang on to the junk because there is so much of it we don't know where to begin . . . so we just put it off until tomorrow . . . which never comes!. Facebook comment

    ReplyDelete