Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's on the inside?

We started a new quarter in Sunday School meaning that we have new quarterlies!  I have had mine for one week.  I help teach in fifth grade Sunday School.  By the time I got to Sunday School Sunday the cover of my Sunday School book was off.  It had came off.  The glossy, attractive cover was gone.  I kept trying to place it back where it should be but it kept slipping off.  There was nothing to keep it there.

My book now is just Plain Jane.  No gloss, no pictures, just words, verses and instructions.  The more I thought about the situation with my book the more I realized something.  This is a saying that I have heard many times and I think you probably have too.

It is what is on the inside that matters!!  The meat of my Sunday School book is on the inside, not the cover!
Just like my Sunday School book, all the good stuff that I need is on the inside!

It made me wonder what my insides look like?  Is that where all my good stuff is??  I know sometimes I really look bad but I need to remember it is what is on the inside that counts!!  The good should be on the inside.  The good of God is on my inside and hopefully my actions show this!  What about you?  What is in your insides?  Is it the good stuff?


Matthew 5:15-16

New International Version (NIV)
15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment