Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's a Jungle Out There

Have you been to the store lately?  It is a maze of people pushing and shoving or stopping and talking.  I have noticed that many people have frowns and impatient looks on their face. I probably have had some of the same looks on my face.  Others are wandering aimlessly through the aisle with bewildered looks on their face!  Especially in that one store that starts with a W.   I decided last week that I would not go back there  until next year.

It seems like a jungle out there.  People are roaring, screaming and look like they will pounce if one makes a move in the wrong direction.  There is chaos, noise and unfriendliness.  It makes me wonder what season this is?  It seems like a season of me, me and more me.

I realized that I need to stop, pause and reflect on this season.  The Christmas season is a time to reflect and be thankful for a Savior that was born in a stable.  It is a time to be thankful for the King that was born and that what He brings to me and to you is PEACE!  He is the Prince of Peace!!

Next time that I am out in the Jungle I need to greet the maze with a smile and a Merry Christmas.  It might change a frown into a smile and a reminder of the King!

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to my Savior!!

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”” Luke 2:11-14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment