Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Who is in your genealogy?

Who is in your genealogy?  I have thought about that question at different times in my life.  I have wondered about where my ancestors came from.  Some of them I do know and some of them I don't.  I have wondered what kind of people were in the line that I came through.  Do you ever think about your ancestors?

The other day I was reading in the first chapter of Matthew.  Most of the time I just skip right past the lineage part.  This time I slowed down and read the genealogy of Jesus.  I took my time and pondered over some of the verses.

There were names that I recognized immediately and other names that I don't ever remember seeing.  There was one verse where I lingered and read over again as thoughts raced through my head.  It was:

Matthew 1:6

New International Version (NIV)
and Jesse the father of King David.
David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah’s wife,.


I mainly was focused on the second part of the verse. I recognized the name instantly.  The second part of the verse began with the name of a king.  He was a man after God' heart.  This man also was a murderer, committed adultery, than married that man's wife but God still used him and left him in the line that was headed up to Jesus.  This reminded me that it doesn't matter how many times that I mess up Jesus is still my King.  He is still the Lord of my Life.  The moment that I ask him into my heart, He was and is there to stay!!

What about you? There is a question that is more important than where did my ancestors from.  It  is do you have a King in your heart?

Revelation 17:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”


John 14:5-7

New International Version (NIV)

Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[a] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”




No comments:

Post a Comment