Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Long and Whiny Road:Questions I left unanswered

Most parents will agree with me that children are very inquisitive and have many questions!  My boys were no exception and my girl is still asking questions I would rather not answer.  I remember my oldest son ask me how come there were lines on the inside of his hands.  With all the wisdom that I could muster I told him, "BECAUSE".  I know children think that parents are so wise and have all the answers but someone forgot to give this mother the key to that quick wisdom a parent is suppose to have.  I know that my children will remember the word because.  At times the questions were too soon.  They didn't need the answers yet but when they came of the age that the answers might help them they didn't ask.

My boys were typical and very curious.  They listened at school to the talk of other children and sometimes came home with questions that went unanswered.  My second boy had apparently heard some older grade school girls talking but the only thing that he remembered from their conversation was that girls are periods.  He came home and ask me, "If girls are periods then are boys questions mark?"  I immediately said yes and left the real question unanswered.  

I played the piano for a few years at a small church that was pretty desperate and I was the only one that they could get.  One morning when playing before the service I heard my third son.  I looked up and saw in his hand an unmentionable covered in pink in his hand as he was very loudly asking, "What's this, Mom?".  I jumped up, went to him, grabbed the unmentionable, put it in my purse(took the purse with me) and said, "It's nothing!"

My daughter has many questions that I have no idea how to answer.  She is always asking questions about body parts and are they supposed to be that way.  She always gets mad when I tell her that I have no idea.
Even if I told her what I thought it would be, I would be wrong!

There are questions that I would always try to answer.  Those were the questions that they ask me about Jesus.  If I didn't know the answer we would look them up in the Bible or ask someone.  I welcomed those questions!  I also told them that God will always answer them but they have to listen.  I told them that God will answer yes, no, or not yet!

God is waiting for a question!  He wants to hear from you.  He wants to hear, "Will you Come into my heart?"  Have you ask that question?  God will never leave you with unanswered questions!

John 3:16-17

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

““I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.” John 10:14-15 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment