Sunday, December 16, 2012

The blanket of FEAR!

Friday was a day that I would like to forget but as much as I want to I can't.  News trickled onto the internet about a mass shooting at an elementary school in Connecticut.  I was filled with horror and thoughts that this can not be right.  Somebody had to have gotten the news wrong but it was not.  The more that I read and heard from others I knew that those parent were covered in a blanket of fear.

They had to go to that school and wait to found out if their child was alive, wounded or worse.  I can not imagine the horror and fear that filled their souls!  20 children and 6 adults were killed at an elementary school then the shooter took his own life.  He also killed his own mother.  27 families have been changed forever. There were times that I could not listen, read or hear anymore.  The news was more than my mind could fathom.  The families that lost loved ones could not just turn the news off though.  They are having to deal each minute with the loss of their child, sister, brother, parent and friend.

Since the news there have been many prayer vigils, support and sympathy pouring out to that community from the rest of the United States and across the world.   I think that we should cover the families, the children that went through the horror of that day, the teachers and the community with  many blanket of PRAYERS!  Let's cover them in prayers that God will enfold them in His arms, that He will comfort them and give them strength to make it through each day!  Pray that God will cover them with His love and peace.

Let's keep our blanket of prayers going for these families in the next days, weeks and months!




Luke 18:15-17

New International Version (NIV)

The Little Children and Jesus

15 People were also bringing babies to Jesus for him to place his hands on them. When the disciples saw this, they rebuked them. 16 But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”







No comments:

Post a Comment