Sunday, March 4, 2012

A story of birds and thinking about Brantley Jacobs

Today on the way to church I had to stop at a red light.  While stopped, my daughter and I noticed some  birds in the turn lane.  Somebody had thrown some half eaten slices of pizza onto the road and the birds would peck on the slices.  It was one bird at a time pecking on a slice. Then another bird would come over to the slice and it looked like that bird was telling the pecking bird to get away from the slice.  They would take turns pecking on the pizza and telling each other to go away.  Then they started trying to fly with the pizza.  One bird, at a time, would try to get that left over pizza into it's tiny beak but when it tried to fly,  the pizza would fall out.  It was quite the funny sight.  I told my daughter that if those birds would just work together they could get that slice off of the road.

That's when I thought of Brantley Jacobs and his family.  This family has been through so much these last few months.  My last post was 'The Journey of Brantley Jacobs' that I had written for examiner.com.  I shared that post on  my blog because my hope was to  reach as many people as possible.  This morning when I witnessed the birds and their struggle to get that pizza off the road I realized something.  I realized that even though some people do not have much that if 100, 200 or 500 people work together and gave just five or ten dollars each, it will make a difference for this family!




I know that Brantley's family also covets your prayers.  Just think what might happen if that many people pray for this precious baby and his family.  Pray for this baby and his parents that they will be able to rest.  Pray that Grandma, who suffered a heart attack, will fully recover.  Pray for the brothers and sister that they are taken care of.  Pray that all their needs will be met!

Donations can me made to:
Brantley Jacobs c/o Haleigh Jacobs
First National Bank and Trust
1100 N. Council
Blanchard, Ok.
73010

Hebrews 6:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.


Matthew 6:26

New International Version (NIV)
26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?





2 comments:

  1. He is so absolutely adorable. My maiden name was Brantley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes he is, and I was thinking that I had seen that your maiden name was Brantley. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete