Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ticks, Ticks and More Ticks

Last week I had a great week.  I went to Blackwell Head Start, Drummond Elementary School and then to Woodward Flea Market.  I had a good time reading to the children and talking with the adults.  I made some contacts and the possibility of going to other schools! I also sold some books!!!  I pulled into my drive feeling quite good about the week.

Then there were ticks, ticks and more ticks!!  I hate ticks!!! Our beagle escaped the confines of the fenced yard and into the wilds.  The wilds are outside our fence and has tall grass, overhanging leaves and is ripe with ticks.  She brought them into the house and my mood spiraled down.  There were over 30 ticks, four of which somehow landed on me and invoked the tick dance(kinda like the spider dance).  I was screaming, jumping up and down, tearing at my clothes and threatening to ban Hope from the house.   The fourth tick I didn't find until Monday and it was embedded in my head!!  I had to do a silent scream because I was at work.




Those ticks remind me of sin. Ticks have a creepy, crawly look and they like to suck blood. I think if all sin looked like ticks I would run as fast as I could away from it. Most sin doesn't look like ticks.  It can look and feel good.  It entices and lies and if I give in it will suck away my life.  When I think my life is going good the devil will send something to bring me down.  I need to do the devil dance and always look to Jesus!  When sin woos I need to remember that Jesus is my rock!


Psalm 40:2

New International Version (NIV)

2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. So sorry about the ticks. Poor doggy and poor Brenda! :(

    ReplyDelete