Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The fall.

This last weekend I had the privilege to be part of the Women's Retreat at First Baptist Church. It was awesome and the main speaker was fantastic!!  I stepped out of my comfort zone at this event and was one of the breakout leaders. Some friends from my hometown of Wellston came to the retreat and it was great to see them.

On Saturday morning I was walking down the steps that led into the area where the kitchen and the fellowship hall is and I twisted or turned my ankle.  I felt pain shoot through the ankle as I realized that I was going down.  In what seemed  like slow motion I fell down the last two steps and landed with a thud.  The good news is that no one saw me or if they did they acted like they didn't.  I was thankful for that!  My hand was scrapped and bleeding and my ankle was sore but other than that I was fine. I still had a great day! I did feel bruised and sore over my entire body by the end of the day and took Tylenol.

I was thinking last night about my fall.  It just happened. It wasn't part of my plan for the weekend.   It happened because somehow I twisted my ankle.  I did probably complain a little bit over the weekend about the soreness to my husband but it is getting better and the Tylenol does help.

What I was thinking about last night though was just how small my pain was compared to what Jesus went through.  He took the fall for us!!  He was beat,spit on and mocked on the way to be nailed to the cross.  He went through this for us and it was planned!  He didn't complain and He didn't take medicine for pain.  He did this for me and He did this for you!  Do you know Him?


1 Peter 2:24

New International Version (NIV)
24 “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment