Friday, April 27, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday I wrote a post about a book that I am going to write.  On the post there is a poem that I wrote in 2005.  I wrote it while looking at a picture of my childhood home.  I remember that the memories flooded my soul like a kaleidoscope.  Memories screamed through my mind in all colors and in no particular order but those memories left me longing for yesterday.

Yesterday seemed so perfect and today seemed so imperfect.  Why was I in such a hurry to grow up and leave that perfect world??  Then I remembered.  Yesterday was not perfect, it was full of flaws just as my current life was and still is.  Memories do seem to have a way of leaving out the bad, the ugly and the indifferent.  At least mine do.  I did realize that day that my yesterdays, todays and tomorrows would be full of flaws but that those flaws can cause growth.  I am who I am because of the good, the bad, the ugly and the indifferent that has happened in my life.

It is those things in my life that remind me that no matter what happens there is a God.  He is there in the good, the bad, the ugly and the indifferent times of my life.  He is the one that picks up the pieces and puts them back together and this process is how I have become who I am today! I am a sinner, saved by grace with God's hand on my life.  I find that now I sometimes long for tomorrow.  The tomorrow that will put me face to face with my Savior!

What about you?  What do you long for?


1 Corinthians 15:51-52

New International Version (NIV)
51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment