Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Tick!!







Yesterday I saw my first tick of the season.  I am sure that they have been around I just have not seen or noticed them.  My dog was on the couch laying by my side when in horror I watched a tick crawl off of him and right onto my hand.  In that second of terror I really thought that I was going to scream and jump!

BUT I didn't.  Somehow I composed myself as the thought popped into my head that if I did the tick dance that crazy tick would probably go flying never to be found again! (maybe as I am getting older I might be realizing that if I let a bug, spider or tick fly I just have to find it again to get rid of it)

I picked that tick up between two fingers and took it to where it could go away with the flow of water hopefully to never ever be seen again!!

Now my dog did not know that he was bringing me a pest that I hate!  He did not even know that it was on him!  During the night I thought about how my sin is like a tick!  Ticks are a lot of times so tiny a person does not even see them but as they suck the blood they get bigger and bigger!  Sin might start small like that tiny little tick but if that sin is not sent away it can become like a big fat tick!  

I can not get rid of my sin by sending  it down a drain but  I can take my sin to my Savior!  Jesus took my sin, and yours, to the cross with him!  Don't let you sin be like a tick that sucks away your life!
John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment