Thursday, June 7, 2012

Credit Cards

I have always been careful about how I use my credit cards and try to not let the numbers show but I guess I have not been careful enough.  Thanks goodness though for Tinker Credit Union because they have my back.  When I got home from Oklahoma City yesterday my daughter said that Tinker had called and wanted a call back.  I called them and had to go through a series of security answers so that they could verify that I was indeed Brenda Salladay.

It seems that someone had tried to purchase something for a computer on Monday but it wasn't me.  The good thing about it is that the person trying to purchase something on my dime didn't have all the facts and it raised a red flag.  They then asked me about several purchases in the last month to verify that those were indeed purchased by me.  Then they said to destroy those cards and that they would issue another card with different set of numbers.

This made me wonder how someone can steal this information unless it was a cashier because the card is still in my possession.  I also went to the hiding place where I hide my cards and one is missing or is possibly lurking in the black hole of how my system of filing and hiding works.  I try not to carry them with me unless I know that I am going to use that card and I haven't had that one with me in months.  I wonder where it is but I do know that there has not been anything charged to it.  I will put some time and effort into finding that card and keeping it within reach but still hidden.

To be honest I just need to put all those cards through the shredder.  I really don't need to be buying things on credit and I certainly don't want others buying things on my credit.  If those cards hit the shredder I will not only have a better sense of security but I will also have more money in my pocket. I have shredded before resolving to never use credit cards again but have given in only to find myself sucked into the lure of buying and paying later.  It is not a good cycle.

A question comes to mind: How can I be a slave to credit but also do what God wants of me?
I think I have some cards to shred!  I would rather that God have my back than any credit union. God doesn't have to ask me security questions.  He knows who I am.  I don't want to wander through eternity thinking, if only.  One of these days I would like to hear the words, "Well done".   God is the One Banker that I truly need!



Habakkuk 2:7

New International Version (NIV)
Will not your creditors suddenly arise?
    Will they not wake up and make you tremble?
    Then you will become their prey.


No comments:

Post a Comment