Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Journey Continues:Lung Scope

Richard did still have temperature this morning which made it 26 days of fever.  He couldn't take any Tylenol though because of the lung scope scheduled later in the morning.  He couldn't take any of his medicines, eat or drink anything after midnight.  He was very thirsty when we left the house and he begged me to stop at Sonic and we just wouldn't tell them.  I just kept driving.

They told us to be there at 9:30 am but we made it about 9:00 am.  Richard had difficulty walking into OU Medical and I was wishing I had dropped him at the entrance.  We stopped to rest several times before we made it to the area were the scopes are performed.  We only had to wait until 10:30 before they called his name.  The nurse realized fairly quick that she needed to get a wheel chair.  When we got back to the pre-op area he asked  the nurse for some water so she let him swish some around in his mouth and then he had to spit it out.  I wish you guys could have seen the look on his face but he did spit it out.  His blood pressure was very low and he did still have temperature.  They hooked him to an IV to get some fluids and liquid Tylenol into his system.

The Doctor came and talked to us around eleven and they took him back for the scope around noon.  The Doctor came to talk to me about 12:35 pm.  He said that everything went well and that he didn't see anything unexpected.  He got some samples of the pneumonia and said that we should have most of the results in 2 to 3 days but that some results might take as long as 5 to 10 days.

I was able to go back to his little curtained area about one.  He looked at me briefly and then fell back asleep.  He had oxygen going and was hooked up to monitors and I could see that his blood pressure was running low. The Doctor had said that we could leave about 1:15 pm but his blood pressure just kept going lower and lower until they started talking about keeping him.  Then they pumped him up with more fluids and gave him three shots at different times and we were able to leave a little after three.

We did stop at Sonic before we left city.  He had a large grape slush and and when he didn't feel thirsty anymore he fell asleep and slept most of the way home.  He ate just a little supper and is sleeping again.  I am hoping that they have some answers soon.  He is running out of steam.  Thanks so much for the prayers!!! You guys are wonderful!!


Psalm 18:2

New International Version (NIV)
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
    my shield[a] and the horn[b] of my salvation, my stronghold.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Poor guy and poor you. Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tracy, I really appreciate your prayers!!!!

      Delete