Friday, June 22, 2012

The Journey Continues:Fourth Day in the Hospital

I haven't talked to Richard yet today but I will be going to see him today.  Yesterday he was very happy that he was put in a regular room.  He is on seventh floor which is the oncology floor.  He only ran a temperature once early in the morning and yesterday evening his temperature was a very cool 95.5.  He has better color in his face and says he feels better.  He did get to take a shower when he got to the room and his breathing did not seem as labored.  He still had some problems but not quite as bad.

Now that he is feeling better he is ready to get out and telling anybody that will listen that he is going back to work Monday.  We will see what the Doctor will say. 

I started writing this early this morning at home, I thought I had fixed the home computer but no it froze, so I am finishing this post on the little laptop with the little keyboard. LOL I was surprised to see it was still there when I opened up to blog.  I made it to the hospital about eight and I think we have seen all the Doctors though the infectious disease Doctor might stop by.  Richard is still being a cool cucumber so he is working on his second day with NO temperature!!!!  The Doctor said that his lungs sound better than yesterday and he might get to go home Monday but no promises.  He told him not to go back to work until he at least finishes up his antibiotics.  He will go home on the meds so he might go home Monday but not to work.

He is looking much better and his blood pressure is staying up and he said he is ready to go walk the halls.  He did have to have a blood transfusion yesterday and today.  The Doctor said he would like to figure out why he is loosing blood.

Thanks again for all the prayers and support and I would like to ask you to pray for a friend of mine who's husband passes away yesterday.  Please pray for her and the family!

Psalm 23:4

New International Version (NIV)
4 Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,[a]
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

No comments:

Post a Comment