Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The fog

Last week  it was usually sunny driving to the hospital and I had a clear look of the road that I was traveling. Thursday morning though I was driving East on I-35 and I could see in the distance that the way would become distorted.  At first I thought it was smoke but as I drove into it I realized that it was fog.  Everything became closed in and claustrophobic.  It was hard to see and I felt out of control.

There were several spots during the several miles of fog that I drove where the sun broke through and I could see a clear road.  Then the fog would close in again leaving me with that shut in, lost feeling.  I was glad when I drove through the last mile of fog.  It was great to have the sun shining the rest of my trip to the hospital.

My trip on earth can be like that.  I will go around in a fog and become closed in and claustrophobic.  I forget to let the Son shine.  I try to do things on my own and end up with a distorted view and totally out of control.  My life will become dark and full of gloom until I let the Son shine.  When I do the path will become clear and open.  I need to let the SON shine always!!

Are you letting the SON shine in your life?


Matthew 5:16

New International Version (NIV)
16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment