Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Journey Continues:Pneumonia

The cat scan that was done this morning showed pneumonia in the lower lobe of Richard's left lung.  I think that probably explains why the fever kept hanging on.  The weird part was that Richard just knew that something was wrong with his right lung.  I think  he could feel that something was wrong but was just so sore and achy he couldn't tell which lung was affected.  He was still running a fever when they checked him but so far today it has not been above 101.  The doctor did not put him in the hospital but did instruct us to call  her quickly if he gets worse.

I really wanted to tell someone that Hey I have been calling you nearly EVERY day and you didn't listen.  I have talked to at least five or six different people over the course of the last 14 days.  I really do wonder if anybody talked to the right person or if they even told someone what was going on.  I felt like my words were falling on deaf ears.  The doctor finally on Monday ordered the cat scan and Richard was started on Leviquin yesterday.  They also did blood work today and took eight tubes.  Richard did eat a good lunch today but then threw it up right when we were getting in the car to head home.  I feel sorry for those that park near that parking spot. LOL

I was thinking about this on the way home and realized that sometimes I just know that something is wrong with my soul but I just don't know what it is. I am not sure where the affliction is but I just know that something is wrong somewhere.  I keep praying but don't seem to get a reply.  I feel like my prayers are not going through.  I have had to keep praying and reading the Bible to heal my soul.   I need to learn to call on my Savior at the first sign of illness. God is the Doctor of my soul. Is He yours?


3 John 1:2

New International Version (NIV)
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.





3 comments:

  1. Are you serious? It hadn't occurred to them that it might be pneumonia before now? ARGH! Still praying for him and you. Tell him to take a couple of days off and REST! TRACY said! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, he didn't listen to you or me but he did get to come home a little early today! They had taken an ex-ray after about four days of fever but it didn't show anything. I guess after that point that just kept thinking well the ex-ray didn't show anything but he did have crackles in his lungs, whatever that means. Still had those crackles yesterday also.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I remember you mentioning those crackles. You'd think that combined with the fever this would have given them a clue to DO SOMETHING!!!!! UGH!!!! I'm just thankful that they finally figured it out and he's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete