Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Journey Continues:Half days

Richard is still struggling with several issues.  I sent an email yesterday to the bone marrow nurse and she emailed me back within the hour that they want to see him Wednesday at 4:00 pm.  He has decided that he will go on short term disability part time.  That means he will work four hours and four hours will be paid by short term.  He came home yesterday and slept quite a bit.  He also threw up and when he did some how he fell down.  He said it was from his socks.  I am not so sure.  Of course I wanted to take him to the ER but he refused.  I did watch him close and took his blood pressure off and on during the evening.  It was running in the 90s over 60s or 50s.  He did try to drink more. He said that he really wants to try to make it until Wednesday if possible before seeing a doctor.  I was really worried and watched him like a hawk.

This morning  when I was fixing to take a shower I grabbed my towel to hang over the shower door.  I shook it out like I normally do.  I have to make sure there are no spiders or anything attached to that towel that might make me jump up and down.  When I was shaking that towel out a thought jumped into my mind. I need to shake out all fear and worry and leave them with the Lord.  He will be with me and He will sustain me. He is my refuge!  He is my strength! Sometime that strength comes through prayers, tears or a kind word but God is definitely using the prayers of others to help me, Richard and the rest of the family through this journey that we are traveling right now.  Thanks again for the prayers!!!


Psalm 18:1-3

New International Version (NIV)


I love you, Lord, my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
    my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
    my shield[b] and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.
I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, 
    and I have been saved from my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment