Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Day Off

Yesterday was my day off and this is what I did.

I did the dishes, I swept the floor, I mopped the floor.  I did four loads of laundry, I took the girls to the mall.  We ate chick-fil-a.  I cleaned two bathrooms.  I changed the sheets.  I took a nap.  I gave the girls orders.  One of them(Brianna) listened. She ran the vacuum cleaner and cleaned one of the living areas.  I cleaned the other living area. Sarah cleaned off the counter in the front bathroom.I swept and mopped the rest of the floors.  I cleaned off all the stuff off the fireplace, kitchen table and counter.  I started going through the piles in the bedroom again.  I rubbed Richard's back when he got home from work.  I dropped the girls at church on the way to take Richard to get his blood work.  Went through McDonald's drive through and got tea and a dollar hamburger each.  Rubbed his back again at home.  Folded clothes and rubbed Richard's back again.  Picked up the girls from church and rubbed Richard's back some more when I got back home.  Folded some Towels.  Gave Brianna hugs when her dad picked her up.  Rubbed Sarah's back.  Then it was time for bed.

I went to bed but not right to sleep.  I was laying there thinking, "But what about me?"   I was thinking my back hurts and I was having a pity party but God intervened.  He made me realized how blessed I am.  He reminded me that I should be working, playing and resting with a cheerful heart and mind.  I need to fill my heart and mind with His words.  I will still get tired, have back aches and have those days but if I turn to God He will fill me with His power to get through them.


Proverbs 15:13-14

New International Version (NIV)
13 A happy heart makes the face cheerful, 
    but heartache crushes the spirit.
14 The discerning heart seeks knowledge, 
    but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly.


Psalm 90:17

New International Version (NIV)
17 May the favor[a] of the Lord our God rest on us;
    establish the work of our hands for us—
    yes, establish the work of our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment