Monday, August 20, 2012

Pain!

My knee is very unpredictable!  It will ache but sometime like what happened on Friday it can become a pain.  The difference with it this time is that I don't remember twisting it, hitting it or that it  gave out.  I was walking fine with just a little ache when the last few steps into my house became excruciating.  It still hurts if I move it wrong but the pain doesn't seem quite as bad.  I think it must be getting better or either I have gotten used to the pain.  I have kept it up and did very little this weekend and I did pull out my brace to keep my knee straight.

The thought went through my mind on Sunday that sometimes I have to go through  pain to get to where I should be.  I also thought that sometimes pain brings good things.  I have four children and their births were a tad uncomfortable but they are a good thing.  (LOL) Sometimes though somebody goes through the pain for me.  There are some people in my life that I would take pain for them but probably not somebody that I don't even know.

The pain in my knee this weekend seemed almost unbearable at times.  Then I thought of Christ.  The One that bore our pain.  My pain could not have been even a tiny bit close to what my Savior went through for me.  His pain was the one that was excruciating.  Not mine!  Maybe sometimes I need to feel a little pain to be reminded of just how much that Jesus suffered for me.  He was humiliated, tortured and died on the cross for me.  He rose again and paved that way to a new life for me.  He did it for you too!!  Jesus went through pain to get us to where we should be!



Philippians 2:7-9

New International Version (NIV)
rather, he made himself nothing 
    by taking the very nature[a] of a servant, 
    being made in human likeness. 
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death 
        even death on a cross!
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name



John 3:16-17

New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him








2 comments:

  1. Inspite of your pain or the pain of others you always look at the bright side and wear a smile! You have a keen way of keeping things in perspective by looking up! (But watch out, don't be trippin over anything!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to see your smile also!!! I will watch out for the trippin!! LOL

      Delete