Friday, August 17, 2012

The Journey Continues:Friday update

Richard has continued to gain strength this week.  He still tires easily but compared to last week he is superman!!  Yesterday when I got home from work he had been doing laundry and he fixed a wonderful supper.  He does still rest but he has not been sleeping 24-7.  He is moving so much better though he does get wobbly if he lets himself get tired.

He made the comment the other day that he didn't feel like he was doing enough for the Lord.  He feels like that in his weakened condition he has been a slacker.  Well, he is wrong!  The first thing that my arthritis Doctor ask me on Wednesday was how is your husband.  Then she told me that he inspired her.  He had went with me to my appointment in May and told her his story including how the Lord has worked in and around his life.  Last Friday while getting his fluids he talked with another cancer patient and prayed with him.
I don't think he realizes how much that God is using him and his story.  He is willing to tell anyone that will listen what has happened to him since being diagnosed with cancer in 2009.  He always tells them the God part!

God will use someone no matter their circumstances!  They just have to be willing.


Luke 12:7-9

New International Version (NIV)
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
“I tell you, whoever publicly acknowledges me before others, the Son of Man will also acknowledge before the angels of God.But whoever disowns me before others will be disownedbefore the angels of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment