Thursday, August 16, 2012

My arthritis apointment

Yesterday I had an appointment with my arthritis Doctor.  It went well except for my blood pressure.  It was way too high.  I knew it had been running high but I tried to attribute it to stress.  I should know better.  I was on blood pressure medicines for about six years and then in 2007 and 2008 I lost about 50 pounds and my blood pressure went down.  I was eating the right food most of the time and exercising.

Then in 2009 I tore a hole in my left knee and strained and pulled the ligaments.  It was not bad enough to have surgery but would just take time to heal.  That soreness and pain kept me from exercising so I also decided I would eat whatever I wanted.  I am sure that you are not surprised that I gained that weight back within the year.  I justified my continued bad eating habits with the fact that my husband was fighting cancer.  I was too tired to exercise.

Yesterday my doctor wrote me a prescription for blood pressure medicines.  I took my first one this morning and then an hour later I took my blood pressure.  Well it was still HIGH.  I guess it will take several doses, probably some exercise and eating the right foods.

My walk with God can be like that.  Sometimes I will go a while without praying, reading the Bible and listening to my God.  Then I wonder what is wrong.  Why do I feel so out of sorts?  What is wrong with everybody else?  I have no excuse.  I just get out of the habit.  I try to blame the busyness.  My blood pressure problems may take more than a day to get under control but fixing my relationship with God is always only a prayer away.

God's prescription for me is Jesus!  Is He yours??




John 14:6

New International Version (NIV)
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment