Saturday, July 7, 2012

Two pennies

I learned at an early age that I could pray to God about anything and I did.  One day I was sitting in the pickup truck in Chandler, Oklahoma waiting for my mom to get back from her errands and I saw the meter maid heading my way.  I looked at the meter and noticed it was expired.  I was probably ten or eleven and I thought that my mom would be very upset if she came back and had received a ticket.  I looked all over that pickup for a coin  but could not find one so I started praying.  I looked down again and there was a shiny penny lying on the floorboard.  It had not been there before.  I grabbed that penny, jumped out of the pickup and inserted it into the meter just seconds before the meter maid reached that meter.

At a later time in my life I found myself praying for money again.  This was at a time when the bills far outweighed the amount of money that was in the bank.  One day in particular I sent petition after petition to God asking for money.  The next day I received an envelope in the mail.  Inside that envelope was an advertisement from a local company but nestled down in the bottom of the envelope was a penny.

God used both those incidents to teach me about Him.  I learned that God does answer prayers.  I learned that sometimes you get what you ask for and sometimes you don't.  I also learned that God has a sense of humor.  When I realized that there was a penny in the bottom of that envelope I laughed.  I learned that God is in control and  He knows what is best for me! 




Psalm 18:30

New International Version (NIV)
30 As for God, his way is perfect: 
    The Lord’s word is flawless; 
    he shields all who take refuge in him.





No comments:

Post a Comment