Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Compromised Bridge

Last year when Richard had his bone marrow transplant I spent many hours traveling back and forth from Enid to Oklahoma City.  I would take different routes but I did travel down Highway 74 quite often.  One day when I was heading back home I came upon a sign that said Compromised Bridge and something about only vehicles under certain weights should cross this bridge.  I slowed down almost to a stop and then very slowly drove over the bridge.  I looked it over but could not see where the compromise was.  Every time I took that route I looked for the compromise.  Several days there were road trucks and men working  but everything looked the same.  I still sometimes look that bridge over very careful when driving across it.  It has been over a year since I have seen that sign but I still have not figured out what the compromise was.  It has taken me a while to travel across that bridge without thinking about the compromise.

One day when going across that bridge I realized that my life is just like that bridge.  How many times have I compromised but no one could see it.  There would be no evidence showing a compromise in my life but I would know.  God would know too.  I always have a choice if there is compromise in my life.  I can hide it or I can go to the One that will fix it.  God sees a compromise even when others do not.  I can let the compromise simmer in my life with cracks that can snake out into all areas of my life.  I could let the compromise stay in my life until I would not be able to function but if I go to my God, He will restore my soul and cover the compromise with His love and forgiveness!

What about you?  Have you compromised? Do you know my God.  He is the compromise fixer!


Job 22:22-23

New International Version (NIV)
22 Accept instruction from his mouth 
    and lay up his words in your heart. 
23 If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: 
    If you remove wickedness far from your tent


Romans 3:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.








No comments:

Post a Comment