Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, James, Your only 16 right???

It doesn't seem possible that 30 years ago today I was getting ready to head to Mercy hospital to have my first child.  How does time fly by like that?  It seems like only yesterday!  Got to the hospital at nine after being in labor for about three hours and was told that I was dilated to a seven and that the baby was butt first and that it was a girl!!  By eleven I was fully dilated and they told me to push.  I pushed and pushed and pushed and pushed but nothing happened.  I was thinking that the baby was holding on to my ribs telling us no, no I like it in here.  At one the doctor told me that if it was ok with me that he wanted to do a c-section.  I was ready!!  The baby was born at 1:13 pm and the first thing the doctor said was look at that hair and then he said oh by the way it's a boy!!  It was a boy with shiny white blond hair.  They brought him up to my face and he wasn't crying but he looked me straight in the eye and said hello, mommy!! LOL Well maybe he wasn't talking yet but he did look me straight in the eye. Thanks for being my first child James!! You are the best first child that anybody could have!! LOVE YOU!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!



Psalm 127:3

New International Version (NIV)
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment