Thursday, July 12, 2012

Blank Mind

I woke up this morning with plenty of time to write but as I settled in to do just that I discovered something.  My mind is full of nothing, it is blank again.  I thought something would come to me and it finally did.  I need my mind blank to hear from God.  I need it empty of all anger, deceit or envy.  I need to forget all hurts, slander, fear and remorse.  I need my mind empty so that God can fill it.

God can paint a new canvas on my blank mind.  He can paint in forgiveness, encouragement, love and humbleness!  God can fill my empty mind with His love and mold me to look more like Him!


Romans 10:9

New International Version (NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.


I have been saved but sometimes I still allow my mind to simmer with all the old things and I have to get to the point of an empty mind so that God can speak to me.



Ecclesiastes 3:11

New International Version (NIV)
11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.



What about you?  Do you need a blank mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment