Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Journey Continues:Sinus problems?

Richard woke up Tuesday morning with a little more color in his cheeks and the remark that he felt better than he had in quite a while.  He had an appointment at 1:30pm with the Doctor in Oklahoma City.  He still was coughing, gagging and very tired.  We always have to arrive there early to have the blood work and any other test that they have ordered before seeing the Doctor.

He did his blood work and checked in at the front desk and there were no orders for more test so we found a place to wait.  There was a couple sitting on the couch near the chairs that we sat in.  I went to get some water and on the way back I saw Richard with the trash can in his hands, close to his face.  The closer I got I realized that he was throwing up.  The second time this happened I talked to the front desk person and they moved us to a room.  The people next to us were very grateful I am sure!

The doctor came in right at 1:30(a miracle!!) and listened to Richard's lungs, looked up his nose, down his throat,  felt his lymph nodes, poked on his stomach and looked at his skin.  He asked him several questions and told him that his lungs sounded good and that he thought he had some sinus problems.  He will have a cat scan this week on his sinus area and might have to have it drained.  If he is not having sinus problems it could possible be graft/vs/host problems.  He told Richard that his fatigue is because he has been sick for so long and that hopefully this will resolve soon.  There is the possibility that Richard will be able to return to work Monday.  The swelling seems to have resolved and his potassium levels were normal.  They also said that the CMV cells were negative the last two times and that if they were negative this time he will be able to go off of the medicine for that.  This is the medicine that messes with his white blood cells.

This morning Richard is still moving slow but does seem to feel a bit better!! So far no throw up!!

Thanks again for the prayers.  Richard is grateful and so am I!!!


Philippians 4:6

New International Version (NIV)
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 

2 comments:

  1. Continuing prayers for Richard. I had a sinus infection and just got off my antibiotic for that, so that bug is definitely going around, but allergies are high too so it might be a combination of everything. Anyway...no fun at all I'm sure...I know Richard may feel lousy, but he is an inspiration to me...I can't imagine going so long with not feeling good. I got depressed after just a couple weeks! Even if he's not feeling great, his Spirits seem to be good...I am praying he feels the presence of the Lord in these days...

    ReplyDelete