Monday, October 24, 2011

Fair weather fan?

I am an OU fan!!!  I thought it was funny that some people thought that I would be in mourning, just because OU lost their game Saturday night.  I did stay up to the very end watching.  I do love it when they win but I am not going to be depressed when they lose.  I am a fan whether they win or lose!!!

I grew up in a house that was full of OU fans and it was hard not to be a part of the excitement of those games. I remember being planted in front of the T.V. watching those games with my dad and brothers.  I remember, even then, I knew names of the players and being a girl I even thought I was in love with one of their quarterbacks.  Steve Davis didn't even know I was alive.  He was a very good quarterback though!!

OU has been through some good and some bad years since I became a fan of theirs but I have continued to be their fan every year whether they won or lost!!  There are some people though that jump from team to team, rooting for them as long as they win but the second the lose, they are rooting for the next winning team.
Have you been jumping from team to team?

I know ONE who roots for me.  He roots for me whether I am winning or losing.  He gives me strength when I am down and is there when I am happy.  No matter what is going on in my life there is ONE that is closer than a brother!!

His name is Jesus!!   Do you need HIM today?


Proverbs 18:24

New International Version (NIV)

 24 One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

1 comment:

  1. Good stuff Brenda! I am an OU fan too and just yesterday Marty said our joy should not depend on whether or not OU wins or looses! :) Good stuff! --W

    ReplyDelete