Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bugs, Bugs and more Bugs

Have you ever had an infestation of bugs?  Sometimes you just can't get rid of them.  Sometimes you think that they are gone and then realize that they never left.  Sometimes they sneak into your house or cling to your clothes and you don't even realize they are there.

Now the first children's book that I wrote is about a lion that has bugs.  He has so many bugs he just does not know what to do.  The bugs that he deals with has made him feel so bad that he can't even roar.  I am sure that at first he didn't even know that he had bugs but gradually had a feeling that something just wasn't  right.  Then he had so many he couldn't deal with them.  He had friends that were concerned about him but some of them weren't quite sure what to do either.  Finally one of his friends came up with an idea and working together they helped get rid of the bugs and find his roar again.

I have bugs too.  My bugs are:
Discontentment
Jealousy
Hate
Disobedient
Foolish

Sometimes I have so many bugs that I don't know what to do.  I lose my voice, my reason and my strength.
Sometimes it get so bad I can't hear the still small voice.  Sometimes I have let those bugs in so deep that I need help.   There is One that can help.

I have to turn to Him and ask for help.  He will rid me of my bugs!

Do you need to be de-bugged today?

Titus 3:2-5

New King James Version (NKJV)
to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another. But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,




3 comments:

  1. Brenda! This is great! I just now read this today! YES! I need to be de-bugged! We all need Orkin Pest Control at the church, eh? So we can all be de-bugged! :):):) I think we should all be more honest about what our bugs are! --Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we would rather but a mask on then call out the pest control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH! I have those bugs too, Brenda. Especially the jealousy or envy. that is something I am really struggling with right now!

    ReplyDelete