Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Weigh Of Life

Yesterday as I weighed I heard a Voice in my head say, "Don't weigh again until next Wednesday".   Something dawned on me when I heard that Voice.  I have went from obsessing over eating to obsessing over what the scales might read each morning.

I have been trying to eat healthier, watch my portions and be more active and every since the scales started slowly inching  down I have been weighing every morning.  I have been setting small, attainable goals.  The weigh my mind has been working though I have been waking up with weighing on my mind.

This morning I almost stepped on the scales when  that Voice reminded me not to weigh until Wednesday.  I realized that the Voice was reminding me that my worth is not determined by what a scale might read.  My worth was determined many years ago when my Savior, Jesus Christ died in my place.  He is the Way, the Truth and the Light and no one comes to the Father except through Him. (John 14:6)

I am not sure what Wednesday will bring.  I might weigh less, I might weigh the same and hopefully I will not weigh more but even if I do I know that I am loved and I am worthy.  I do know that if I am going to be obsessed I need to obsess on things not of this earth.


Colossians 3
 1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.


  






No comments:

Post a Comment