Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Easy Button??

Would it not be nice to have an easy button.  Click the easy button and I am back to a healthy weight. Click again and my books are best sellers.  Click and I will always have the right words to say or write.   The world paints a picture of easy buttons.  It wants us to believe that if I take this pill I will lose at least 2 pounds a day.  If I follow a certain person I will know exactly what to do to have abundant wealth. Just takes these algae pills and my health will be restored.

I know that no matter what pill I might want to take there could be side effects.  Some of those side effects could even lead to death.  I could follow a person's teaching that might lead to wealth but there would be certain things I would have to do.  It would not be easy.  It would take time and effort.  Sometimes the road of the world can lead to destruction.  

I have learned that life is not easy.  There is no easy button to push but I have Something in my life that helps me through the toughness of this world.  I only have to whisper and I have Strength.  I only have to cry out and I have Endurance.  Sometimes I don't have to do anything and I sense Comfort.  

What I have in my life is BETTER than an easy button!!  Do you have what I have??

Psalm 28:7  (NIV)



7 The LORD is my strength and my shield;
   my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
   and with my song I praise him.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment