Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A white out and a prayer challenge!

Most weeks I can come up with at least 2 blogs to post but this week my mind has been as blank as this page looked before I started typing.  Have you ever been in a white out??   That is how my mind has been this week, full of white, fluffy blowing snow.  A big, blank, brain in a full blown white out.  I did tell you in my first blog that sometimes my mind would be full of stuff, maybe bull, but full and sometimes there would be nothing. This week the nothing happened!! 

The more that I thought about my blank mind this week the less I could think.  Maybe if I would have quit thinking about how mindless I seemed, maybe something would have pierced the blankness.

Even though my mind was blank I still knew that Jesus was my Lord and Saviour and that He died on a cross so that I might have eternal life.  He sacrificed and experienced much pain so that I could choose Him and even though my mind was on a white out phase I could not forget this.

Maybe there is a time when my mind needs to quit wondering and thinking and become blank.  If I am on white out mode maybe I will hear that Still Small Voice easier and faster.  When I pray maybe I will be able to listen and hear.  My mind was very blank this last week but I am thinking that I need to clear it often so that I might hear.

Sunday, in the class that I help teach, we challenged the fifth graders to pray seven minutes a day.  They were told they could even split this time up.  Can you meet this challenge?   Can I?  What do we need to clear our minds from?? Can you make it seven minutes a day in prayer?


2 Chronicles 6:19
New International Version (NIV)
19 Yet, LORD my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Recently, I've had a lot of those "white-out" moments. I LOVE your perspective on it!

    ReplyDelete