Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Journey and the Mask

This journey of cancer, chemo and stem cell transplants that my husband is traveling has been one where I have supported him, for the most part 100 percent.  There have been  a few points of contention though.  One of the main arguments has been the wearing of a mask.  After each transplant it has been made clear ahead of time that his immune system would be vulnerable and after leaving the hospital he would need to wear a mask.  You would think this would be an easy thing to do.  Right?

Apparently not!!   He says his counts are good, he doesn't need it.  His immune system, which seems to be a robust one, is still a recovering one.  One of the medicines that he is on can also wreak havoc on his system.  I know the mask makes it hot and can steam up your glasses but if it is for your protection my answer is wear the MASK!!

Richard says no!!  I know that he probably would be the only one wearing a mask and people might stare.  He might really look different because of the mask.  He wouldn't be able to blend in and someone might ask him questions.  But this is his protection!  What if that person talking to him is infected??  What then??

How about you?  Do you just blend in??(and I am talking to myself, also)  It is to easy to just act like everybody else.  Does anybody see a difference in you or me that might point them to the PROTECTION!!  Do you know my PROTECTION??  I hope that people can see the difference.  I would love to tell them where they can pick up their MASK of PROTECTION!  JESUS is my PROTECTION!!

Exodus 15:2

New International Version (NIV)

 2 “The LORD is my strength and my defense[a];
   he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
   my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment