Monday, July 11, 2011

"It's Me Lord, All of Me"

Do you remember? I gave my life to YOU many years ago, back when I was young and skinny.  I remember that feeling of quiet peace after I ask YOU into my heart.  Seconds before I prayed, my heart was pounding and I was scared but YOU calmed me as the HOLY SPIRIT came to reside within me.

YOU have watched me LORD.  YOU have called my name.  YOU have convicted me and punished me.  YOU have watched as life happened and I turned to other things.  YOU have watched me use food for comfort.  YOU have seen me hide chocolate, then eat every piece.  YOU have still held me in YOUR HAND even though I didn't surrender all of me.

I felt that convicting SPIRIT several weeks ago, when I was talking with the Sunday School fifth graders that I help teach.  I was talking with them about our bodies being a Holy Temple. I tried to ignore IT but YOU kept sending me messages.

I read a blog written by Janelle Keith, who is a DJ for KLVV and the post that I read after that Sunday was titled "I Need Grace".  Janelle needed grace because she had started back down the path to tight jeans.  She even called herself A Big Fat Failure.  She has written several blogs since that talked  of second chances, starting over, actions speak louder than words and making U Turns.  Today she wrote of how hard it is to admit and forgive herself and how hard to know that she had hurt GOD.

GOD, YOU put those blogs and conviction there just when YOU knew that I would finally listen.  If actions speak louder than words, and they do, I have been sending the wrong message.  I need to treat my body like the temple it is.  It's not that I will ever be young and skinny again but I need to admit and surrender it to YOU!  Thank-you GOD for second chances and u turns.


                                       HERE I AM LORD, ALL OF ME!!!!

JanelleKeith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment