Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Journey Continues: Almost normal but not quite!

Just a really quick update from Dr. visit.

Tuesday was eight weeks out from transplant date and everything still is going well.  Richard got a full work release but was told to use common sense.  If he gets hot, get out of the heat.  If he gets tired, take a break, etc.  He is very happy to be going back to his normal hours.

The medicines are still messing with his counts though and and his white blood count was really low and he was dehydrated.  He had to have one of those six thousand dollars shots(thank goodness, we have insurance) and be hooked up to an IV for fluids.  The medicine that can mess with his counts is one of the last ones he will be come off of.

He seen the PA yesterday and she seemed pleased with his progress and how is able to do work and do things around the house.

Exodus 15:2

New International Version (NIV)

 2 “The LORD is my strength and my defense[a];
   he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
   my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

No comments:

Post a Comment