Friday, July 15, 2011

The Journey Continues, Trying not to share germs!

My sinuses have been bothering me off and on for about three weeks.  I didn't really think to much about it until this week when the drainage started dragging me down.  I decided on Thursday that maybe I should see a Dr. to make sure it wasn't an infection.  I headed out on my lunch hour but was told they could not see me until 1:30.  I decided to wait to be seen.

After work I went to Urgent Care and was there about an hour and a half before they finally called me back.  The worst part was the scale but if you have read my blogs you know I am working through my bad eating and exercise habits with God as my trainer.   I have to admit that my blood pressure was really high after stepping on those scales and having someone see the results of my addiction, food.

The Dr. checked me over and decided that I have a bacterial sinus and ear infection with fluid behind the ear.  I was started on antibiotics and I am supposed to squirt salt water or saline into my nose while in the shower.  He also told me to rub the sore spots on the back of my head as this will help me heal faster.

The bad news is that he told me, yes, I was probably contagious.  I then, shared with him about my husband.  I told him about his bone marrow transplant and how his white counts had been very low the day before.

His advice for not sharing germs with my husband was common sense ideas, don't eat and drink after each other, wash hands, no coughing or sneezing without covering mouth or nose.  He also told me to be sure and not use the same bath towel or brush with his toothbrush.  Now I am not sure where this Dr. was raised but where I was raised we DID NOT use each others toothbrush or bath towel!!!

Richard is feeling some drainage today and I am praying that I have not spread my germs to him.

I am thinking that germs are a lot like Satin.  They sneak in and attack my weak points.  They can do damage and leave me sick and hurting.  Satin also likes to sneak in and deceive me at my weakest.  He definitely likes to leave me sick and hurting.

The germs that caused my infections led me to seek out a Dr. for answers and solutions.  I should seek out my God in all circumstances!! 

Don't share your toothbrush with the Devil.

James 1:16-17

New International Version (NIV)

 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment