Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Journey Continues, Day One

I will be posting updates about Richard on here.  We are getting ready to head down to OU Medical Hospital to the Bone Marrow unit.  I know from last time that this unit is fairly small and Richard will feel like a caged animal.  He will walk up and down the hall as many times a day as he can.  He will pace the floor of his tiny room and he will probably growl at the nurses.  They seemed to take the growling in stride last time. LOL

I will be back and forth, working, doing laundry to take back to him and attending end of the school year functions for Sarah.  Band concert Thursday and Sarah will be playing a solo on her flute and though Richard doesn't want to miss he knows that this stay is what could give him more years to hear many flute solos.

If any of you are in the area of OU Medical Hospital feel free to stop by and I know he would love to growl at familiar faces and even strange faces.  He also is taking his cell phone and if you would like to call him, let me know and I will give you the number.


God is in control and we are being carried in His Hands.

If you don't know the first part of the story, scroll back to read "The Journey, the Pain and the Blessings of Cancer".



Jeremiah 29:11-13 (New International Version, ©2011)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

1 comment:

  1. Where in the hospital is this unit? Is it the main OU hospital, the one where the helicopters land? Love you all. I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete