Thursday, April 25, 2013

Zeal for life

Yesterday afternoon I felt really tired and so I decided that I would take another dose of zeal.  For those of you wondering what on earth is zeal, it is a wellness drink that has all the vitamins and nutrients that your body needs.  I have heard others say that they take an extra dose when they have those really tired afternoons so I decided to go ahead and take the plunge of an extra dose.

Well by the time I made it to church I couldn't quit talking.  I felt like my mouth was in motor mouth speed.  Looking back I am surprised that someone just didn't give me a quick slap and tell me to shut up.  I am a talker anyway but normally I can be quiet when I am supposed to.  You know like in orchestra and Bible study.

I slept really well though and woke up refreshed this morning.  I woke up thinking that zeal is a great thing.  I also thought I need to have that kind of zeal to tell others about God.  I need to have the kind of zeal to spread the news and to be quiet and listen.  I need to take an extra dose of prayer and Bible reading when my strength is fading. Jesus has everything that I need!  I need to point others to my Lord and Savior with a zeal that can't be ignored.

Jesus is my zeal for life!! What is yours??


Mark 8:34-36

New International Version (NIV)

The Way of the Cross

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me and for the gospel will save it. 36 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?











No comments:

Post a Comment