Friday, April 26, 2013

What room are you stuck in?

Our puppy is curious and full of energy.  He will follow us everywhere that we go.  We will tell him to stay, to go back or to stop but sometimes he doesn't.  Several times he has gone places and then been stuck there after he followed one who did not see him.  He has been in the garage, the pantry, outside and in bedrooms but we didn't know that he was there.

That is when the howling and the scratching starts.  The puppy will create such a ruckus that we hear and will rescue him.  He is learning though to stay,to go back and to stop.  He is learning there are certain rooms he does not want to be stuck in.  He is learning to be content and wait on us.

This morning as I headed toward my room the puppy followed me and I told him to stay.  He lay down and was waiting on me when I came back out of my room.  Does he do this every time?  No, but he is learning.

How many times have I been curious?  How many times have I went when God had told me stay?  How many times have I been warned by God to go back but I went forward?  How many times have I been told by God to stop but didn't?  God does see me where I go.  God hears my howling and scratching and will rescue me!

I am trying to be content and wait on God.  I am learning when to stay, go back or stop.  I am learning to ask for His strength and knowledge.  Will I do right every time?  No, but I am learning.   I do not want to be stuck in the wrong room!

What room are you stuck in?


2 Thessalonians 3:4-5

New International Version (NIV)
We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.



I would love to have you follow my blog and respond in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment