Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brokenness

The last few weeks I have been pondering on the fact that my Lord and Savior, Jesus came to Earth willingly.  He came knowing that His body would be bruised, battered and broken before His time on Earth would end.  He knew that He would be rejected, mocked and spit  upon but He came anyway.  He knew that He would be nailed to a cross but He also knew that He would rise again and He did.  He did this for me!  It breaks my heart that He had to do this for me.  He knew though that His body would need to be broken so that He could heal my brokenness.

I was saved as a child and knew at a young age the power of prayer.  I also knew that I could take any problem to my Lord.  Even as a child though I had a problem with pride.  Sometimes I was afraid that I would be embarrassed.  I was afraid of what people might think.  Sometimes I was just so caught up in my own self that I could not hear that still small voice.

I found myself many years later broken, bruised and battered.  It was not my body though.  It was my heart. After seventeen years of wedded unbliss I had to let go.  My heart was broken into a million tiny pieces that I thought would never be whole again.  I felt like I had a big D on my forehead.  It was there for everyone to see my humiliation.  I did not even care what people thought.  I was full of shame and regret. I felt so unworthy that I would not even partake of the Lord's supper.  I was so low that I could only look up.

Through prayer, Bible reading and a Christian counselor my eyes looked straight up into the Eyes of my Lord!   He mended my heart piece by piece until I found joy and peace.  Because of His broken body my broken heart was mended.  I needed to come to a brokenness before I really understood His love.

Jesus takes us just as we are!!  Are you ready??


Romans 5:6-8

New International Version (NIV)
You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.


Psalm 34:18

New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.







Verse:
In brokenness, I come to You, Jesus
I’m kneeling in surrender to Your Spirit
Mend my broken heart
I can find no other
To mend my broken life
To give me hope, Jesus

Chorus:
Lord I want to place my life in Your hands
Lay my burdens at Your feet
Take my life
Take my heart
I am Yours

Verse:
In repentance, I come to You, Jesus
I’m kneeling in surrender to Your Spirit
Forgive me my sins
I want no other
To give my life
My all to You, Jesus

© 1995 Esther Mui





No comments:

Post a Comment