Monday, April 8, 2013

Another not so close shave story

This story is not about me but about a dear friend.  In all fairness she was not aware that I had a blog when she was telling me this story about herself so I will not use her name.  Yesterday in church she was telling me about her hot water tank and that it is not big enough.  She has to really hurry in the shower or the hot water will run out.  She was shaving her legs and trying to get it done before the cold water hit.  She told me that in her hurry she didn't get one of her legs completely shaved!!  She even showed me the patch.

I told her the truth!  I would not even have noticed if she had not shown me that big hairy patch! She was self conscience because she knew it was there.  In her mind it stood out like a neon sign.  She tried to situate herself where that patch of hair would not be noticed by anyone!

Sin is just like that.  When there is sin in a life it feels like a neon sign is flashing.  It is flashing 'Sin, Sin,Sin'!  It could even be that no one else knows but to the sinner it is big!! Hot water might help cleanse a body but it can run out!  Jesus will never run out!  He will shave away your sin!! Jesus will never leave you in cold water!  All you have to do is ask!

Acts 13:38-39

New International Version (NIV)
38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

No comments:

Post a Comment