Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Hustle and Bustle

This year I really have came to a new understanding of the term hustle and bustle.  This season I have had book signings, dentist appointments(root canal,yesterday), two trips to Oklahoma City, basketball games, choir, extra choir practices, church, Richard's cataract evaluation , trips to the pharmacy, errands on my lunch hour, work, cleaning house and grocery shopping.  I still have another book signing, work, church, housecleaning, laundry, errands, gifts to buy, gifts to wrap, decorations to put up, cookies to bake, basketball games, choir, church, dentist appointments, Dr. appointments, school band concert, flute tryout for all area band(daughters), church programs and more to do before I get to December 25th.

Tuesday I came home from work and a trip to Wal-mart, ate supper and claimed the couch.  I stretched out and promptly went to sleep and slept for two hours.  I woke up, announced that I was going to bed and did.  I slept through the night and didn't wake up until six the next morning.  It felt good to just do nothing.  Sometimes at this time of year it is hard to find time to rest.  I know that amidst all the hustle and bustle I need to slow down and remember what this season is about.  I have become so busy that I am not remembering the gift.

I need to take time to remember and give thanks to my Lord and Savior!  I need to be still and savor the season.  Without this gift there would be no season.  There would be no hope.  There would be darkness and loss.  I need to give thanks to my God for the gift of a Baby born long ago.  Without this gift I would be lost!!

Have you discovered the Gift?

Luke 2:6-8

New International Version (NIV)
6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night.


“Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment