Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year's

I hope that everybody is going to have a fun, safe day today!!  It is a day to reflect on the past but also to look forward to a new beginning.  Every year I have made some of the same resolutions and looking back most of them are still sitting there with no results. This year I am going to make goals.  I am going to make them and remake them as needed.

Looking back over the blogs that I have written this year many of them are about being busy, having too many piles and too much junk in my life.  Even though I have written about this, many of these things are still sitting there.  Here is one goal:  I am going to get rid of my piles, one pile or one piece at a time.  I am going to give myself time and not be overwhelmed with the mounds.  Another goal will have to do with the busyness:  I am going to take a long look at my life and some of the busy will have to go.  I hate to say this but I think one thing might be the hand bells.   A third goal will be about my junk: I am talking about the junk in my heart.  This is the junk that covers what matters.  I am going to began my junk removal with a goal of reading the Bible and praying daily.

What about you?  What are you going to do with this New Year??


Psalm 62:5-6

New International Version (NIV)

 5 Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
   my hope comes from him.
6 Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
   he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.


Philippians 4:13

New International Version (NIV)
13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment