Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Gift of Time

One of the gifts that I received for Christmas was a mantel clock.  It is fairly large and really only looks right if it is situated in the middle of the mantel.  The only problem with that is the fact that there is a large picture, on the wall above the mantel, of Jesus and this clock hides part of the picture.  I can't see all of Jesus with this clock in the way.

I was pondering the situation when I realized that this is a picture of what my life can be.  How often do I let time  block Jesus.  I am too busy going to ballgames, work, band concerts, handbells, choir, book signings, writing, paying bills, talking on the phone and cleaning that I am not taking time to really see Jesus.  I am letting time block out the essence of Jesus.

Time is a gift and I should use it wisely.  I should take the time to read my bible, pray and feel the presence of Jesus.  I should be letting my life reflect my Savior!  I need to let go of some of my busyness and remember that I need to use my time for the Lord.

What about you?  Is your time blocking Jesus?





Ecclesiastes 3:10-12

New International Version (NIV)
10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment