Monday, November 28, 2011

Crumbs??

Yesterday evening we had the hanging of the green.  It was a great service with singing, prayers, readings and the hand bells.  Yes the hand bells and yes I did play.  I have to say that I would have played better with more practice but thought I did fairly well except for that one song where I lost my place.  Probably no one noticed except for the director and he doesn't miss anything.

I was glad when the hand bells played the last song and sat down with a sigh of relief.  Then I  looked down and saw crumbs on my shirt.  My first thought was that I hoped that nobody else saw them but then thought is this what I give to God.  Do I just give the crumbs?

On the way home I could not get that thought out of my mind.  How many times do I just give crumbs? I should give my all to God no matter what I am doing.  Whether I am playing, singing, working I should give all.  God gave all for me and I should give Him more than the crumbs.


Romans 6:23

New International Version (NIV)
23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Brenda you did a great job with the handbells!!! They sounded beautiful and no, I did not see any crumbs on your shirt and I found you quite refreshing in blue instead of the sea of red up there. :) Just like me...you'd rather be distinguished and different than go with the flow and just blend in. IT WAS GREAT! Awesome post...God deserves more than just our crumbs. :)

    ReplyDelete