Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Journey Contiues: Back in the hosptial at six and a half months

This was a day of anticipation and dread.  We knew that the pet scan showed that there were still spots.  We just didn't know what the Dr. would say about this.  This was also the first time that I had not been with Richard on a visit to see the bone marrow Dr.  I had to rely on phone calls and text to find out what was going on.  A BIG thank-you to Richard Stephens for being Richard's side kick today.

The first time I called Richard I found out that when they did his vitals he had a fever of 101 so they were going to do blood cultures and a chest ex ray.  He was not happy but he said that he had not bitten off any heads yet but maybe a few ears.  His igg infusion went well this time and he said it actually only took a little over an hour.  He then had the ex ray and a snack.

He saw the Dr. right at 1:30 and found out that he has pneumonia.  The Dr. said that he would need to be treated in the hospital  because his white blood counts were really low.  The Dr. did not give him a choice in the matter.  He told him that he would be admitted to the hospital. Richard has told the nurses that he does not have pneumonia and that there was a mistake made somewhere.

When Richard called to tell me about this he told me that he had good and bad news.  The bad news was the pneumonia so I knew immediately that the good news had to be about the pet scan and the spots.  The Dr. said that the spots were much smaller and that he was not even concerned about them.  He feels like that they will disappear or they could even be scar tissue from the chemo.

I think this good news has made Richard just a little more tolerate of this hospital stay.  He seems to be in  a good mood and is letting out some big yawns.  I have a feeling that he might sleep well tonight!!

Jeremiah 29:11-13

New International Version (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment