Friday, November 4, 2011

Mama Bear

Have you ever heard that you don't mess with bear cubs because the mama might be close.  You mess with those bear cubs and you are in trouble if mama finds out or sees.  She may even perceive something innocent to be something bad and you are in trouble.  She is a fierce champion of her cubs.  Don't mess with those cubs!!

I have been somewhat like that with my children especially when they were small cubs.  If I thought that someone was messing with my cubs, watch out, the mama bear in me came out.  I even kicked a nursery worker once because I perceived that she was just letting my baby cry without trying to comfort him.  She took it in stride, she was somewhat of a mama bear herself.

There does come a time when you have to let those cubs out of your sight.  They have to figure out their path.  It is hard to watch a child fail or get hurt but if we don't loosen the grip those cubs might never learn how to make it in the world.  Sometimes they choose the wrong path and there are consequences but those are learning experiences.  It is so hard to watch your cubs as they struggle to figure out who they are.  I still get mad as a mama bear if I see any of my cubs, even the grown ones, getting mistreated but I know they have to experience every aspect to learn and grow.

I have a God like that.  He doesn't like me being mistreated or taking the wrong path but He knows that sometime I have to wander around in the desert for awhile to figure out what His will for my life is.  He knows that the experience and even mistreatment will help me grow and become the Christian that I should be.  No matter what path I choose God is always there.



Nehemiah 9:19

New International Version (NIV)

 19 “Because of your great compassion you did not abandon them in the wilderness. By day the pillar of cloud did not fail to guide them on their path, nor the pillar of fire by night to shine on the way they were to take.

2 comments:

  1. You kicked a nursery worker? LOL. Brenda, there are sides to you I never imagined! I once made a teacher cry and I still feel bad about that. I still think I was right, but I should have been nicer about it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mama bear came out in me before I even realized and that swift kick to the backside didn't hurt her. She is a wonderful friend and that kick didn't put a dent in that. LOL
    Oh and I had some teachers that I wished I could have made cry.

    ReplyDelete