Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Writing the write way

I have been accepted as a reporter for examiner.com but they want me to write their way.  I am really struggling with this.  I have gotten very used to writing in the first person.  I like being able to interject my opinions whenever I want to!!! :)  They want me to just state the facts.  Now I can state the facts but I find that it is so hard not to write my opinion about the subject.

I do have opinions about so many things and I am not very shy about sharing them.  I am not saying that my opinions are always the right one but they might be.  Maybe there are two sides to a subject and I can write that but it is hard not to be biased when I think my opinion is the right one.

I have learned though that sometimes my opinions are wrong.  I do need to look at all angles of a subject and report that and let readers decide for themselves.  Sometimes all the facts fit together and everybody is wrong and sometimes each side is a little bit right.  Sometimes there is only one right way but sometimes it is hard to admit being wrong.

There is one subject that I will not budge about  no matter how many sides some might want to present.  That subject would be my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I do know that there are debates that have went on for centuries about this subject but I am certain of this.  Jesus did come to earth to die for me and nothing will ever change that!!  Three days later He rose again and paved a way to Salvation!

He died for you too!!


John 3:16

New International Version (NIV)

 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

examiner.com

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a good thing they rejected my application. :) I love the way you write on here and your boldness for the Lord! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy, and they just don't know who they have let get away!

    ReplyDelete