Tuesday, November 22, 2011

LET ME IN!

Last night I hurried down to the church for hand bell practice.  I had missed several of the practices because of my daughter's ballgames.  I had been to an out of town ballgame but actually got back into town just ten minutes after the start of  practice so I decided to go to practice.

I started calling cellphones, of the other members, to alert them I was on the way.  No one answered but I hurried to the church.  I checked the door but it was locked.  I went to another door and it was locked.  I called but still no answer.  I banged on the door but the only response I heard was the ringing of bells.  I tried to knock on a window but I couldn't reach it so I called one last time with no answer.  I headed back home with the thought in my head, "Well, at least I tried!"

I may have tried but trying doesn't get me ready to play.  I needed that practice to prepare.  I don't want to mess up.  I don't want to be thinking, "Oh, I wish I had been ready!!"

I might not be ready to play hand bells on Sunday but I am ready for heaven.  When that day comes I won't be saying, "I wish I had been ready."  I know with out a doubt that I have Jesus in my heart.  I realized that I was a sinner, repented and asked my Lord and Savior into my heart.  I won't be knocking at heaven's door saying, "Let me in!"  That door is unlocked!

Is it unlocked for you?


Revelation 3:20

New International Version (NIV)
20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

1 comment: